IT and IT Innovations
March 18th at 10:00 - March 20th at 18:00
IT innovations or technology in general play a major enabling role when it comes to digitalization. Examples are Wearables, 3D Scanning and Printing, Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoT) and many more. However, especially in larger companies, IT must be seen as an infrastructure that can be changed only incrementally or, if speed is of the essence, by means of massive investments. The module presents both perspectives on IT and technology, the enabling role and the restricting role.
Goals of the module
- Get an insight into today’s IT and technology innovations and their possible impact for digitalization.
- Get an idea of the restrictions IT and technology can impose on digitalization efforts.
- Group work: Evaluate one IT innovation against the backdrop of a specific industry and create a corresponding concept for a digitalization project.
You can expect the following topics:
- Two-speed IT architectures
- IT trends (e.g. big data)
- Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Mobility
- Social Media, Social CRM, Customer Engagement
- Case Studies